Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How I won #THTH (Tony Hawk's Treasure Hunt)

Look at that pile of prizes!  So, like everyone I assume, I was completely obsessed with #THTH, watching each tweet for the next location, hoping one would be somewhere near me.  I watched Del Mar and Encinitas go by and knew I was too far away, but then it happened.  Tony posted the location of 67th and Salinas, which happens to be 4 blocks from one of my friends.  I called him and quickly told him to act before thinking, so he jumped in the car, hauled ass over there and grabbed the prize!  He bailed so fast that the prize hider didn't even have a chance to get his picture!  At the time we set a record for the fastest grab in #THTH history at only 9 minutes.  Unfortunately the record only stood for about 5 minutes, until other prize seekers cut the record down to 7 minutes.  Today someone got the prize in 5 minutes, which is amazing!  So here is the list of items we won:  Dean Guitar, Theeve truck bolts and skate key, Quicksilver hat and shirt, Birdhouse fingerboards and backpack, The YumTasty almonds, Anthony Napolitan signature Kicker Audio ear buds, and that sweet fake 'stache.  All totaled it was about $375.00 worth of free grab-baggage.  Making it sweeter, my friend didn't even want the guitar; he wanted the Kicker ear buds, back pack, and almonds.  What a steal for me! All I had to do was pay attention, make a few phone calls, and I got all the glory.  Thanks Tony, and thanks to all the other sponsors and manufacturers who made this event completely awesome!  The best part was when I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment